Thrift fashion is popular in the late day. The thrift store has gained popularity as this is considered an alternative way to shop, especially for environmental reasons. The textile and garment industry, especially the fast fashion trend, has a big impact on increasing textile waste.
Why is Thrift Fashion Awesome?
The main reason why people are starting to hunt thrift is because it will save money more than buy the new one. If you have a good eye, you can have a good, branded cloth from a thrift shop at a cheap price. Besides, a cloth that is sold in a thrift shop also means it has durable material as in fat it has good condition to sell from the previous owner.
The next reason, you can mix and match with a wide style thrift cloth. You can create a new style or find unique and rare cloth fashion. You may know that fashion items usually go back and thrift shops can be a good place to start when you need a backward fashion style. The vintage is a unique fashion style that you can find in thrift easily.
How to Shop Thrift like A pro
Well, this tip below will help you to choose the best thrift cloth shopping. If you are a beginner, start with a small item.
- Decide which type of cloth that you want to buy. Buying a jacket, sweater, outer or blazer can be a good choice when you go thrift. These types of clothes can be pricey when you buy new ones in the mall.
- What is not recommended to buy in a thrift shop? The swimsuit and underwear. Personal hygiene becomes the reason.
- Bring your clothes to sell or trade. In a thrift shop, you also can sell your cloth and get cash or trade with their cloth.
- Quality. Pay attention to the quality before you buy. Check the brand, material, and condition. Look at the button, the zipper, and check if there are stains there. If you find the issue with the piece and want to buy, ask the owner if they will give you a discount.
- Treatment for thrift Cloth before you wear it, wash it properly. Wash the cloth with hot water and soak using detergent several times to ensure the cloth is safe and clean to wear.
- Modification. You can modify the cloth with a good vibe of the “latest” fashion on it. You can bring it to the tailor if you do not have enough skill in sewing and tailoring. You can modify an oversized blazer or jeans to fit with you.
Remember this, when you buy thrift fashion, patience and thoroughness becomes a key. When you go thrift, there is no guarantee you find the perfect item that fits your style and taste. Furthermore, you will need to be extra careful in choosing the cloth so there is no excessive damage to the cloth.